Thursday, June 14, 2012

A message from your broke friend.... and Cape Coast!

Be warned...if you are someone I am giving a gift/souvenir to from Ghana...it's not going to be anything big or very exciting. Working in Ghana for 6 weeks, for free, means I have to spend all my money on food. And I am definitely not sacraficing my small travel budget to buy gifts, despite how much I love you guys. JUST SO YA KNOW. MMMKKK. And if I am not giving you one, I apologize in advance.

We are going to Cape Coast tomorrow. I'm excited, although I hope I like the lame hotel we are staying in. It's super cheap but there's no hot water or anything...and no pool...and NO A/C which means tons more mosquitoes... and I wanted to class it up a bit. But someone didn't want to spend the extra (cheap CHEAP for the awesome accomodations) money. Maybe when other EPs get here they will be willing and I can spend the last weekend in Cape Coast again haha. I think we are getting a Canadian girl and maybe a Brazilian girl next week.We shall see. But I am sure I'll end up MOSTLY liking it. We have to bring our own mosquito nets which is ridiculous. -_- Did I write about this already? I can't remember. But I'm sure the next post will be about the hotel being fairly cool and the amazing food people have told us about. Also we are going to try to meet up with a Cape Coast AIESECer named Francis - we want him to show us the nightlife...also I want to finagle a Cape Coast AIESEC shirt out of him. haha. I got one from the KNUST LC but it's HUGEEEEEEEEEEEEE. I dunno if I can even wear it lol. But maybe, since no matter what I am obsessed with AIESEC shirts. GOTTA CATCH EM ALL!

Oh also, the boyfriend and one or two other people mentioned how I am not in any of the pictures, so this weekend Janelle and I promise to go all-out tourist dorks and take lots of pictures of each other and pics together doing tourist crap. So soon, there will be better proof that I actually went to Africa and didn't just steal pictures from the internet. Haha.

MUCHO AMOR, AMIGOS!

Or, as they say in Twi, odo! (means love...though I don't have the symbols their language uses so it's typed phoenetically....did I spell that right? Blogger doesn't seem to have spell check!)

1 comment:

  1. Have a great time! Eat lots of yummy good food and protein! - Luv mom

    ReplyDelete