Friday, June 8, 2012

Praise the lord and pass the Cedi


 Today (Sunday) was crazzzzzzzzzzzzy. This morning, we went to church with Foster at 9am. He told us church is usually 4-6 hours, but we convinced him to take us home after two, and he said he would. Cause 4 hours is forever. Anyway, he lied and I was starving and pissed cause it had been like 3.5hrs, and we all know how bitchy I get when I’m starving (thanks, brain chemicals). Janelle gave me a meal replacement bar so I felt  bit better after that.
Anyway, church was cool for like the first 30 mins…there was fun dancing and drums and bongo-type drums and everyone was happy happy. The problem after that was most of the service was in Twi (the language spoken here) and so it got kind of boring because we didn’t know what they were talking about or singing about. Plus, like I said, we were there at the church for forever. Here's a few pics I took:






After that was his friends’ twin babies’ naming ceremony. It’s something they do here, when they are baptized they get their first names. They are now named Princess and Princela. Haha.
THEN, crazy time. We went to the twins’ father’s house, and PARTIED. It was so hot I almost passed out, but we actually got lucky cause the whole day was overcast and a lot less hot than it’s usually been. They sang songs and danced and I met this cool older woman who kept making me dance. The funniest part was when guys would try to dance with me, I would move away, a) cause I don’t want to dance with them and b) I’m a faithful person and see dancing with some random dude as being unfaithful, so I wasn’t having it. Anyway, the older crazy woman and I were dancing with everyone and this guy came up to try to dance with me and she SHOVED him away! Really hard! It was hysterical. She did it a few times after that. I think she got my vibe that I wasn’t interested. But the first guy, she practically knocked him over she shoved him away so hard. It was amazing. Apparently Janelle got video of me and some pictures of me dancing but those will have to wait a bit.


Also, the kids were obsessed with me taking pictures of them. They were totally willing to smile and pose and all this stuff. It was great. Most people do not smile for pics in Ghana so it was good to see.


Anyway, then we walked all the way home, exhausted! Crazy, fun day. Also a few people were like "you can dance!!!" And I was like, "UH DUH!" haha. I need to play these people some American music and show 'em what's up.

No comments:

Post a Comment